Testosterone Propionate 100mg
Men who do not make enough of a natural substance called testosterone, use this medication. Many normal functions, such as growth and development of the genitals, muscles, and bones, are carried out by Testosterone in males. It is also responsible for normal sexual development (puberty) in boys. Therefore, it is used in certain adolescent boys to cause puberty in those with delayed puberty. Also it may be used to treat certain types of breast cancer in women.
How to use Testosterone Propionate 100
It is generally taken by injection into the buttock muscle as directed by your doctor, usually every 1 to 4 weeks. Remember not to inject this medication into a vein.
If you are taking this medication all by yourself at home, it is advisable to learn all usage instructions from your health care professional. Before using, check this product visually for particles or dis-colouration. Acquire knowledge on how to store and discard medical supplies safely. Do not miss any dosage as it may cause adverse effects. To help remember, you may use a calendar to mark the days you will receive an injection.
There are certain side effects that are linked to the abuse of testosterone propionate 100 such as heart disease including heart attack, stroke, liver disease, mental/mood problems, abnormal drug-seeking behaviour, or improper bone growth (in adolescents). Remember not to increase your dose or use this drug more often or for longer than prescribed.If testosterone is misused or abused, you may experience some of the withdrawal symptoms such as depression, irritability, andtiredness, when you suddenly stop using the drug.
- If you are allergic to testosterone propionate; or if you have any other allergies associated with it, tell your doctor or pharmacist beforehand. This product may contain some inactive ingredients, which can cause allergic reactions or other problems.
- If you have any medical history, especially of: cancer (such as breast cancer in men, prostate cancer), blood clots (such as in the leg, lungs), heart disease (such as heart failure, chest pain, heart attack), stroke, liver problems, kidney problems, high cholesterol, high blood pressure, enlarged prostate, sleep apnea, diabetes, do inform your doctor positively.
- Check your blood sugar levels regularly. This product may lower your blood sugar if you have diabetes. Symptoms of low blood sugar, such as sudden sweating, shaking, fast heartbeat, hunger, blurred vision, dizziness, or tingling hands/feet will need immediate medical attention.
- Also, this drug may affect your cholesterol and may increase your risk of heart or blood vessel problems.
- Your may need to monitor your blood calcium level to prevent problems, as it may lead you to become bed-ridden (unable to walk) for a prolonged time while using this medication.
- These effects may include nausea, vomiting, headache, skin colour changes, increased/decreased sexual interest, oily skin, hair loss, and acne may occur. Also pain and redness at the injection site may occur.
- One may experience trouble in sleeping/snoring, signs of serious liver disease (such as persistent abdominal pain/nausea, unusual tiredness, yellowing eyes/skin, dark urine), mood changes (such as anxiety, depression, increased anger), hands/ankles/feet swelling, unusual tiredness, fast/irregular heartbeat.
- If you are male, you may experience trouble urinating, increased urination (especially at night), breast swelling/tenderness, too frequent/prolonged erections.
- In females, side effects such as deepening of the voice, hoarseness, unusual facial/body hair growth, enlarged clitoris, irregular menstrual periods, may occur.
Keep in mind to store at room temperature away from light and moisture. Do not store in the bathroom. It is imperative to keep all medications away from children and pets.
Also do not flush medications down the toilet or pour them into a drain unless instructed to do so. Remember to properly discard this product when it is expired or no longer needed.